Thursday, January 13, 2011

Feeling lucky.

Today at work I was feeling particularly miserable. Partly because I finished at 9PM last night and had to be back at 8AM and partly because it was Friday and I just wanted the day to be over as it was my first full week back after the festive season and I was left feeling utterly exhausted and sore all over. However, I got through the day by reminding myself how lucky I am just to be tired. That is, as opposed to tired, homeless, parentless and a wide variety of other nasties I'd honestly rather not think about let alone write about.

That being said, while Queensland is flooding my family have gone down the Great Ocean Road to Lorne for the week and I was intending to visit them tomorrow, but turns out landslides have closed the Great Ocean Road and I'm not 100% sure how to get there another way. Also, two caravan parks were evacuated in Lorne as well as some places around Wye river with 10 people needing police help to do so safely.

So, it's safe to say I'm feeling  very lucky to be in my cozy home with power and water exactly where it's supposed to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment