Wednesday, January 12, 2011

University!

The other day I decided that I finally want to go to uni. This is my third year out of high school  now and I'm beginning to get over the whole Monday to Friday cafe thing. It's not that I don't like it, strangely enough, I don't actually mind it. Climbing the corporate ladder isn't for me, but I've always been vaguely interested in studying something to do with children, helping them in some way perhaps. I first considered social work, but then decided that I am not capable of keeping my emotions and job separate. I thought that even thought we would be trained in how to deal with this, I didn't really want to not react the way I think I would react, it doesn't seem right. I want to be sad when I see cases such as what a social worker would be dealing with, it feels wrong not to. So, I settled on teaching. I had to call the uni I want to apply to because I cannot start in February due to my overseas trip in the middle of the year, I would have been in Europe around exam time and there was not enough information on the website regarding mid year intake. Turns out, they're not sure if the course I want to do will actually be running beginning mid year so I have to wait until early May. Usually this would be fine and dandy except that I am leaving the country for 6 weeks on June 16th. This leaves me 5 weeks so fill out all my applications- which because my ENTER score is no longer valid quite a long process as I have a lot of extra requirements. Also, if I get in I will need to organise my books and enrolement, while working full-time and organising all those last minute things before I leave. I'm anticipating quite a stressful 5 weeks. I might even finish work a week or so before I leave just to have some extra time other wise my brain might just explode with lack of sleep and elevated stress!

I'm a tad excited to go back to school I'll throw it out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment